Monday 7 October 2013

Nutella Brownies

Last night I got a craving. I needed chocolate. Of course, trying to be healthy, there was no chocolate in the house. I had some cocoa powder so thought I'd make some brownies. Then checked the recipe and realised they needed real chocolate. Searching the presses again I came across a jar of the almighty Nutella. My favourite food item. The best thing ever invented. So, I looked to a dear friend for help: Google. I found a recipe for Nutella brownies and set to work.


These brownies were really simple to make and made my kitchen smell amazing. The recipe said let them cool for 2 hours, but I couldn't do. After 30 minutes I had already devoured three squares. They were light and fluffy, with just the right amount of chewiness that a brownie should have. They were rich and delicious but didn't really taste of Nutella, which I was quite disappointed with. I'm not sure if I'd make them again, mainly because I don't know if they're worth the cup of Nutella. But if ever I need to settle a chocolate craving again, I'll know to turn to good old Nutella.


(adapted from Ricardo Cuisine)
2 eggs
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 170ºC and line a baking tin. Beat the eggs, Nutella, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour, salt and melted butter. Pour into the baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment